Collection of Personal Information
To simply browse our online sites, we do not ask you to provide any information. However, if you wish to participate in any of the features and services our online sites have to offer, we may ask you to provide certain personal and/or demographic information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, credit card information (“personally identifiable information”) and/or your date of birth, age, gender, habits and preferences, usernames, and passwords when such information is tied with your personally identifiable information (collectively, “personal information”). Personal information is only collected with your consent (i.e., if you knowingly provide it to us) and usually take the form of (1) online registration or sign-up; (2) surveys or polls; (3) product purchase transactions; (4) feedback, questions or comments through our “Contact Us” form and; (5) any other request that requires the submission of personal information.
Security of Personal Information
Olympia International adopts all necessary and appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction and credit card information, and data stored on our online sites.
Use of Personal Information
When registering or providing information on our online sites, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your information used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that you are requesting. For example, if you are registering for a product warranty or purchasing a product, you may also be able to sign up for newsletters, alerts, or promotions from other third party websites or Olympia International products.
We may also use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies so we can constantly improve, personalize, and customize the products and services we provide you and to better meet your needs. This may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the personal information collected through our online sites with data we receive from outside records or third parties.
Generally, we retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the services requested. If you request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services (e.g., opt-out of receiving email), please call us at 310-233-2950; email us at email@example.com or send us a letter at 19600 S. Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502. Please note that your personal information will be retained for a reasonable period of time and as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and similar records management purposes.
The following provides additional information about certain features on our online sites:
- Surveys and Polls: There are two types of surveys or polls that may be conducted on our online sites. One is where demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests, etc.) is requested and the information is not linked to any personal information about you. In other cases, such as during product warranty registrations, we may collect this same information and combine it with your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Disclosure Within Olympia International and to Our Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our employees, agents and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to your personal information. We may share your personal information with outside contractors or agents who help us manage our activities (such as websites, mailing lists, etc.), but they may only use your information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
- Business Partners and Joint Promotions: From time to time, we may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our online sites with another third party company or organization. As part of the program or promotion, we may collect and process your personal information. If your personal information is being collected by (or is shared with) a company other than Olympia International as part of such event, we will let you know at the time your personal information is collected.
- Legal Authorities and Business Transfers: Without necessarily providing you with a choice, we may have to disclose your personal information to comply with the law or other legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Olympia International, its customers or the public. In addition, in the event of a sale, merger or transfer of all or part of Olympia International to another company, the acquirer would have access to your personal information, subject to applicable law. Similarly, if permitted by and done in accordance with the law, personal information may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event.
- Aggregation and Use of Personal Information. Your personal information may be aggregated and analyzed to enable us to develop targeting marketing programs and services. In addition, we may share aggregated demographic or survey information with third parties, but this information is anonymous and does not contain your personal information.
User Choice Regarding Access, Use and Modifications To Personal Information
- You always have the option not to share your personal information with us. However, if you choose this option, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or features on our online sites and it may limit the services and special offers we can provide you.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications from our online sites, you can please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter at 19600 S. Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502.
- Every e-mail communication we send to you will provide you with the option to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving all or certain communications. Simply following the directions provided in the email.
- If any of the options above are not available or accessible to you, please call us at 310-233-2950; email us at email@example.com or send us a letter at 19600 S. Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502.
Please note that if you participated in a program that involved a third party, and you agreed to receive future communications directly from the third party, you will need to contact the third party directly to opt-out from such communications.
Third Party Websites/Links
Collection of Data From Children
Our online sites are for general audiences and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Copyright @ 2015 Olympia International, Inc.
This policy was last modified on 05.22.15